What can you do with an Ective SSI?
This device has the following capabilities: a pure sine wave inverter, battery charger, MPPT charge controller and an inverter transfer switch in one.
How the wiring diagram works:
You can customize the diagram according to your needs. For example, you can select up to 5 solar panels. You can choose the size of the DC-DC charger and Ective SSI. You can also choose a battery monitor and/or remote control for the Ective SSI.
The 12 Volt applications can be customized according to your needs. Here you can enter the name of your application, the maximum current and wire length.
On the second page you get an order summary of the number of meters of cables, number of fuses etc.
- Select up to 4 batteries (parallel connection)
- Select up to 5 solar panels, maximum 550 Watt (series connected)
- DC-DC charger (Alternator): up to 80 Amps.
- Ective SSI: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30
- Cable thickness & fuse size calculated automatically.
Maximum cable length
The file calculates the wire thickness and fuse size based on formulas. The maximum cable length for the following components is:
Solar panels to Ective SSI: 10 meters
Ective SSI to bus bar: 3 meters
Starter battery to DC-DC charger (Alternator): 6 meters
DC-DC charger (dynamo) to bus bar: 6 meters
12 Volt applications: 10 meter
Why is the diagram only available with a DC-DC charger and not a Cyrix?
Using a DC-DC charger gives you several advantages, to name a few:
- Auxiliary battery is charged with the correct voltage.
- Possibility to change battery later: lead to lithium battery.
- Protect the alternator: determine the current at which the auxiliary battery is charged.
You can read more about it here.
To open this PDF file you need software: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you do not have this program, you can download it for free here.