What can you do with a Victron MultiPlus?
This device has the following features: a pure sine wave inverter, a battery charger and
nverter transfer switch.
How the wiring diagram works:
You can adapt the diagram to your needs. For example, you can select up to 5 solar panels, the file calculates the correct MPPT charge controller. Choose the size of the DC-DC charger and MultiPlus. You can also choose a battery monitor and/or a remote control for the MultiPlus.
The 12 Volt applications can be customized to your needs. Here you can enter the name of your application, the maximum current and wire length.
On the second page you will get an order overview of the number of meters of cables, number of fuses, etc.
- Select up to 4 batteries (parallel connection)
- Select up to 5 solar panels, maximum 800 Watt (series connected)
- DC-DC charger (Alternator): up to 80 Amps.
- MultiPlus: 12/500/20, 12/800/35, 12/1200/50, 12/1600/70, 12/2000/80
- Cable thickness & fuse size calculated automatically.
Maximum cable length
The file calculates the wire thickness and fuse size based on formulas. The maximum cable length for the following components is:
Solar panels to MultiPlus: 10 meter
MultiPlus to bus bar: 3 meters
Starter battery to DC-DC charger (Alternator): 6 meters
DC-DC charger (alternator) to bus bar: 6 meter
12 Volt applications: 10 meter
Why is the diagram only available with a DC-DC charger and not a Cyrix?
Using a DC-DC charger gives you several advantages, to name a few:
- Auxiliary battery is charged with the correct voltage.
- Possibility to change battery later: lead to lithium battery.
- Protect the alternator: determine the current at which the auxiliary battery is charged.
You can read more about it here.
To open this PDF file you need software: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you do not have this program, you can download it for free here.